• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

B'co makin me mad!

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Take it fill it up, wash it, folks takin pics of it get it home turn it off wont crank w/o jump pack......suspect optima battery= junk!

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
I never have liked optima batteries, but I suspect that you have a poor connection somewhere along the battery cables or a charge system problem.

Hoppy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gresham, OR
once you have it jump started check how many volts are at the alt with the truck running. Depending on your alt it should be 12+ to shy of 18 volts.

if you are good there

Take the optimopoo to an auto parts place and have them place a load test on it.

while your under the hood check all ground wires.....I seen loose grounds do odd stuff

OP
OP
NYLES

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I never have liked optima batteries, but I suspect that you have a poor connection somewhere along the battery cables or a charge system problem.

What Im hopin soon as driveway dries off gonna check em all.

OP
OP
NYLES

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Simple nough, checkin volts with runnin reach down to check wire at back of alt came off in my hand connector was broke held in place by the boot.

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
If it happened after a wash I'd suspect a bad connection somewhere. Start by looking at any place that got wet when you washed it. Maybe you'll get lucky and not have to chase the whole charging system out.

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
Simple nough, checkin volts with runnin reach down to check wire at back of alt came off in my hand connector was broke held in place by the boot.

Ah, a great story of adversity, intrigue and resolution. A happy ending. Here's to you, Mister Busted Alternator Output Man... Enjoy a cold one! :)

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Haha, I thought I had seen this thread already.....I read it over in the other forum! Glad you got it fixed Nyles!