• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windshield washers

blue bronco66

Loc.
ocean county n.j.
surely someone here can tell me where the stock location is.i just installed new wire harness and have a new resivoir so i wanted to hook it up so i can clean my windshield out on the trail.i dont have the sprayer part ..should i try to find oem ones or just go to the junkyard??
thanks

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I'm not sure of the early years but the later ones had the washer pump mounted in the bottom of the plastic reservoir. Best thing about it is Ford used the same pump well into the 90's mounted in the fashion.

bblue

Loc.
Canada
I think it is on the drivers inner fender behind the battery.......I can't remember but I put mine on the passenger inner fender at the back, by the firewall fits in there good I did that as there isn't a whole lot of room under the hood once you start adding extras.....

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Oh. I misread. The stock location is on the driver's side front of inner fender.

71broncman

Loc.
Woodland Park, Co
Reservoir mounts to the front angle of the left inner fender. Spray nozzles mount through the hood. From the left edge of the hood the drivers side nozzle is 16 1/4' and the passenger side nozzle is 34 1/4'. Both are 7' from the edge of the hinged side of the hood. Unless the wreaking yards around you have EB's I don't think you'll find any like these. Try one of the vendors or someone that has a few parts Broncos that will part with them. Mark

71broncman

Loc.
Woodland Park, Co
I just looked and Auto Krafters has new reproduction nozzles for $13.95 ea. They also came on 57-66 F100-F350 trucks and 55-57 T-birds. Good luck in the hunt, Mark

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I didn't notice if anyone mentioned it already or not, but your '66 would have had a "bag" type reservoir. Whereas the later ones (starting in '69 maybe?) would have had a hard plastic formed "tank" type reservoir.

Paul