• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

access behind Door Post

crunch

Is there a simple way to gain access behind the Door Post?
On the right it is missing a hinge plate.
On the left my door limit strap mount holes are streched way out, larger than 3/8 I figure plain nut and bolt will work.

thanks,,,,

Ohio Bill

Loc.
Riverside, OH
you need a rubber arm or remove the fenders. I guess you could cut access hole in kick panels but who would want to do that.

Good Luck

OP
OP
C

crunch

Pulling the fenders is not a issue for me to do if that is entry point, I have never pulled one from a EB so I don't know what is behind one...

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
Once you pull the fender, the hinge post is solid. You'll have to cut an access hole. Make sure it's not rusted or you're better off replacing the post.

Attachments

• door hinge.jpg
    door hinge.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 42

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
This is what it looks like behind the fender. The door strap bolts are inside the door post housing

Attachments

• driver door post b.jpg
    driver door post b.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 40

Revelation

Bronco Guru
That is an entry point to the back of the post, but not the area you need to access. You could pull the fender and cut small holes, no bigger than needd to do what you need as these are a support for your doors as well as windshield.

For the door limit s=traps use nutserts, they can be put in from the front, for the hinge plate, I have no solution other than pull the post, or cut a small acess hole right behind the offending location.

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
For the strap holes, you can drill them out larger and and weld a nut flush with the kick panel. Then grind it back down smooth. Just get a long bolt and put the nut on the end of it. That way you can hold it in place while you tack weld it.

OP
OP
C

crunch

I'll probably weld something in for the door strap.

For the door hinge plate, I fished thru the holes left by it with a extend a magnet to see if I could find the existing plate at the bottom, no luck.
thanks for the responses.