• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can anyone ID this carrier?

JROwens

Loc.
Raymond, MS
Can someone tell me what carrier this is? I'm thinking stock LS? I just pulled it out of my 9". Please tell me what it is and let me know if you want it. Thanks.

Attachments

• Carrier.jpg
    Carrier.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
JROwens

JROwens

Loc.
Raymond, MS
looks like a detroit locker

I was thinking that at first since it did bark around turns and resembled one but after looking at pictures on the vendors' sites it kind of resembled a LS with the ridges just above the ring gear. Plus I wouldn't expect to find a Detroit with everything else being so stock in the beginning.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Need a picture of the other side where the ring gear bolts are. Thats not a detroit locker.

picture on the left is a trac loc see how the area for the bolts is recessed. picture on the right is a open carrier the case is flat.

Attachments

• trac loc.jpg
    trac loc.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 9
  • open.jpg
    open.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
JROwens

JROwens

Loc.
Raymond, MS
Here is a picture of the other side. I think it is a track lock too now.

Attachments

• Carrier1.jpg
    Carrier1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 15

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I almost didn't recognize the Trac-Loc without the cracks from hole to hole to hole, etc on the cover. :p