• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

tierod flip question to reduce bumpsteer

mxer

Loc.
Gallipolis, OH
I just installed the wildhorse 3 way adjustable steering on my 77 frontend that replaced the factory y linkage. Now I and getting some major bump steer. I would like to flip tierod on top of nuckles to strighten out draglink to cure this bumpsteeer. What do i need to do this. Can I just ream out nuckles from top downn and flip tierod? Any info will be helpful.

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Been a while since I checked, but a few of the vendors sell the repair/conversion sleeves you need. You can't just ream from the top because you'll end up with an hourglass shaped hole instead of a cone shaped hole. You need to ream and sleeve each hole to install the linkage from the top.

I'd do some careful measuring to see if this is the best choice for you. It's a lot harder to undo a steering flip if it doesn't work than it would be to swap out a pitman arm or something like that.

Deano

Bronco Guru
In some cases when you do the flip tierod you may have to put a riser on the axle so you won't hit the bolt that holds the track bar. If your track bar and your upper tie rod are not running paralel then you will get bump stear. May need a drop pitnam arm to get it to line up to.