• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Core Support

Bator

Loc.
Las Vegas
Hey all, I am in the process of putting my core support together. Does anyone have pics and measurements for the upper and lower radiator mounts, body mounts as well as the support brackets they could share?

I have found a few pics that are helpful but would like additional information before I weld anything. Also it been apart so long I can't remember what it all looks like back together...I should have bought a camera before the sawzall!

Thanx!

JIMS74

Loc.
PORTSMOUTH, VA.
I marked the centerline of the core support and located the body mounts and rad. supports off the C/L for side to side, as for height measurements I transfered them off core support, I cut out. I did not take enough measurements prior to breaking out the sawsall. The best way to make sure it all fits would be to tack it all together sitting on the frame, then trail fit the fenders and grill. I welded the rad supports and body mounts in prior to welding the core support in the truck, I weld better when its flat on a table. Heres a few pics, I would take some measurements, but I'm not at home.
Jim

Attachments

• 143.jpg
    143.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 145.jpg
    145.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 156.jpg
    156.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 142.jpg
    142.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 144.jpg
    144.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
Bator

Bator

Loc.
Las Vegas
I finally found sone time to get back to work on the bronco. I got the core and inner fenders mocked into place. The core is bolted to the body mounts but the core is angled back on top. The core follows the angle on the front of the inner fenders. I can also mount the outer fenders and the grill and the front of the hood lines with the across the top of the grill and it looks pretty good. So my question is core supposed to be angled back a little? Can someone provide some measurements from the front top edge of the core to the firewall on both sides? I would really hate to get it all welded together only to have done it wrong.

Last edited:

zerostar2410

Contributor
I just got my core support from wild horses and probably looking to do it next weekend. I dont think the core is supposed to be angled back. My current one isnt angled, but then again, it is in somewhat bad shape. Can anybody else answer for sure? also interested in some measurements.

it doesnt look like its angled on the pics posted above. not sure though.

Last edited: