• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HYdroboost HP lines question

NJB71

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Little Silver, NJ
so I am gathering all the necessary parts for my HB swap, 94' astro van HB, I have JBG's PS set up, waiting on chucks PS filter, I just received PSC's HP/LP line kit, the kit comes with 90 elbow fittings, in the instructions it suggests if i am making lines with dual fittings, that I must 'clock' them, so what does clocking mean? they are reusable, 3000psi line, cut to length, take hose in clamp, CC screw the outside fitting till end sits(easy), dip inner thread in oil and place outer piece in vice, insert inner piece and clockwise thread in, wrench in tight,,,,,very easy thats what instructions suggest, but to repeat myself, the instructions suggest if I plan to use both ends for fittings clock it, huh? TY in advance

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Clocking it means make sure the ends point where you want them when you get them tight. HP hose doesn't like to twist!

OP
OP
N

NJB71

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Little Silver, NJ
TY!, man I accomplish a efi swap, rebuild my front end, swap fuel tank, and simple description of clocking and i feel like a dunce, thnks wylecoyote.....
Stephen

barronj

Bronco Guru
I would think that it's a fine line btw how short to cut them. Too long, and you have a bowed line to contend with (not a problem), too short, but enough to fit, and when your motor goes to torquing up, you're stressing the chit out of those connection points.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
TY!, man I accomplish a efi swap, rebuild my front end, swap fuel tank, and simple description of clocking and i feel like a dunce, thnks wylecoyote.....
Stephen

One of the really nice features of making your own hp lines. Clocking them just right really helps in the sano department....

Todd Z.