• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any reason not to remove the fuel return lines from a '73?

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I have a '73 Bronco that is completely stock. It still has the carb to tank fuel return line that was unique to '73s which is leaking in three places. Is there any reason that I shouldn't just remove it from the system?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Cap it off at the tank and remove it. I see no problem.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
On the other hand....
Having had a '73 I know those are unique. It's historic. Unless you are doing an off-the-frame thing, why not just cap them and let them be. They could be the last survivor of the species.Someone in the year 2090 will thank you.

dmeier

Loc.
Comfort, TX
I removed mine. After being on there for over thirty years they were a mess. The metal lines were rusted up, the plastic ones were cracked up. I kept the catch can behind the drivers seat, I might rehook stuff up later to help contain fuel vapors and burn them though the engine so they don't harm the environment.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
That is Fords remedy for vapor lock. Chevy used it a lot. It keeps cool fuel flowing through the pump. I think I'll get one for mine. Thanks for the year model!