• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wiper arm question

JasonTx

anyone have a pic of what the wiper arm connects to above windshield? because mine looks like its missing something not sure?
Thanks

OP
OP
J

JasonTx

yes the privet head. Because it almost seems like there is not enough thread for a wiper arm to connect to but im not sure

70_Steve

Old Guy
Here's a pic of the wiper pivot on the outside of the windshield. The end is splined to drive the wiper arm, and the wiper arm has a clip that latches the arm over the pivot head so it doesn't come off.

Attachments

• wiper pivot.jpg
    wiper pivot.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
J

JasonTx

Mine is missing what im pointing to in the pictures, but it has everything else. Its missing that nugget thing the wiper arm connects to, it there anything i can buy to fix that?

wiperpivot.jpg

SDlivin

Loc.
San Diego
JasonTX, the pictures you sent are blurry and too close up, but I am guessing that they are smooth nubbed, not grooved like an axle shaft spline.

I just bought a wiper arm from WH, and with it came the splined nut adapter(in case my bronco didn't have it) you can attach it with allen head set screws that come with it.

Not sure if they sell seperate from the wiper arms.

OP
OP
J

JasonTx

i will try to get better pics during the day tomorrow. Also can u buy that?

SDlivin

Loc.
San Diego
Here's a pic of the wiper arm I purchsed with the 'splined nut' and instructions on how to install it....
Can't vouch for the quality of the pic, but I would say give WH a call and discuss specifics.

Attachments

• wshld wpr pic.jpg
    wshld wpr pic.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 29

RustyShackelfor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Centerville, TN
to fix them, pull the arms off on the inside, loosen the big nut that is on them on the outside, pull them out and throw them in the trash. then put a want to buy ad up in the classifieds for some new ones.

RustyShackelfor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Centerville, TN
wiper arm pivots. looks like someone didnt want sindshield wipers but also didnt want the holes to be there so they cut them off.

also, copy the pic steve posted for you in your want ad.

brocken

Loc.
Seattle
Mine are the same way! I thought WTF when I looked closer and realized they didn't have splines. :(
Guess I need the part that goes through the windshield too.

OP
OP
J

JasonTx

lol ya it sux, they don't look cut though. just looks like there missing the pivot thing the wiper arm clamps to.but im not sure