• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech Brake light issue

markperry

Bronco Guru
Let me start by telling you guys that I had this brake light problem before I ordered the centech harness! My driver side brake light wasn't working, so I thought it was time too re-wire the whole thing!

Well I spent the better part of Saturday and all day Sunday replacing the wiring harness, and all of the bulbs etc.

I get the whole thing back together and the harness did not fix my brake light problem! The turns signal, and the lights work on the drivers side tail light, but the flasher and the brake light don't work?

Can anyone help me with my problem? Viperwolf, anyone please?

vintage bronco

well i just went through this same exact problem on my 1965 cyclone, it turned out to be the turn signal switch in the steering column. what i did to check it was to check power in which you know you have or none of the lights would work. then i checked for power out had it to one side and not the other. replaced turn signal switch everything fine. where i did the check was at the steering column connection.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep. The usual suspect.
Might just try fiddling with the turn-signal while you're pushing on the brake pedal to see if it works under any circumstances. That's more for the satisfaction of knowing than anything else. It's sounding like you're pretty narrowed down to the switch anyway.

Since the left turn signal works, you know for a fact that the bulb is good, the socket is grounded, and the wire and all connectors between the turn signal switch and the taillight are fine.
If the right brake light works, then you know for sure that your brake light switch and the wire between the pedal and the turn signal switch is good.

That pretty much narrows it down to the turn switch in the column.
At least I can't think of anything else that it could be at the moment.

Paul

OP
OP
markperry

markperry

Bronco Guru
How much of a pain in the a$$ is that too switch out? Wait a minute I'm asking you guy how much of a pain too switch a turn signal after I have replaced just about every wire in my Bronco%)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How much of a pain in the a$$ is that too switch out? Wait a minute I'm asking you guy how much of a pain too switch a turn signal after I have replaced just about every wire in my Bronco%)

Hah! Good point. Nothing will ever be a PITA again.
Uh, right?????

Paul