• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

new engine ?s

KempEl

so im thinking about starting my 3rd stage on my bronco. i have a stock 302 but i wanna crate engine and dont really know the proedure on removing the old selling the old, buying the new, wherer it should come from, what parts should interchange, what has to be purchased,
overall goal is to turn my eeryday bronco into a show truck, im mean clean! trophy winner

1WILD69

Loc.
south range
All I can say is to stay away from Marshall engines! Going on year and a half of trouble, and still not done.:mad:

markperry

Bronco Guru
Gearheadengines.com............I got my 351W for 685.00, been driving it 70 miles round trip daily for 6 months, no issues!

mcdobson

Loc.
Sacramento
Forget the "crate" engine ( you never know what your getting). Stop by a few local machine shops and discuss what you want with the engine builder. When you find one you are comfortable with, let him build "your" engine.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Forget the "crate" engine ( you never know what your getting). Stop by a few local machine shops and discuss what you want with the engine builder. When you find one you are comfortable with, let him build "your" engine.

I like this as well.

Don't be expect a final price until you agree to let them tear into your old engine. They won't know how much work needs to really be done until they know how much damage is done.

I shy away from high end race engine shops (they sell you every machine process they have in order to pay for there tools). Also avoid the low buck rebuild as the quality often lacks and/or you get hit with surprise charges "due to more wear then expected when original price was quoted"