• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

drag link problem

dons68sport

Loc.
brooklyn
i just got my new adjustable drag link from toms (way off) here is my problem i have 3inch body lift 4.5 susp lift and a drag link that will not work from the stock to the adjustable do i have fab i bend one up what the best thing to do thanks don And yes i do have a drop pitman arm

BroncoMark

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Irvine CA
Are you talking about the draglink or the track bar? It sounds like you're talking about the track bar. Is it too short, hitting the dif cover, something else?

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
Do you mean:

- it isn't able to attach at the pitman arm?
- it isn't able to attach to the tie-rod?
- or it is too short to attach to either?

Is your tie-rod not stock?

OP
OP
D

dons68sport

Loc.
brooklyn
i just got my new adjustable drag link from toms (way off) here is my problem i have 3inch body lift 4.5 susp lift and a drag link that will not work from the stock to the adjustable do i have fab i bend one up what the best thing to do thanks don And yes i do have a drop pitman arm
yes i do have drop bracket for the tracking bar ,the angels for the draglink are way off to mate the draglinkto the pitmen arm tracking bar clears the dif

OP
OP
D

dons68sport

Loc.
brooklyn
Do you mean:

- it isn't able to attach at the pitman arm?
- it isn't able to attach to the tie-rod?
- or it is too short to attach to either?

Is your tie-rod not stock?
that is what i was thinking so i got another tie rod from a stock 1

next if i am looking at my drop pitman arm it looks bent up toward passenger side i have nothing to go by to see if is bent (are they s8) thanks don