• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rough Start

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
I just started the rig for the first time in six months and sh'es running pretty poorly. Could it just be bad gas? No backfires and when you get here warmed up and at a fast idle she seems to be running smooth. Every time I try to let her idle normally she stumbles and dies. I put in the fuel stabilizer before I left. Should I just try to get some fresh gas in her and take her our for a spin or should I put more fuel stabilizer in it?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Sounds like bad gas. Might just readjust the idle mixture and run it until you get some good gas in it then it may need the idle mixture readjusted again.

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, old gas. My rig has the same problems everytime I get home. Fill it full and drive it for a good while then fill it up again.

Also check for mice in your air cleaner housing if it's an original style one.

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
Thanks gentlemen. She ran like crap until I got a tank of gas through her. Now she's purring like a kitten. Thanks!

Congrats again Master Chief!