• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Nerf Bars - step ups without welding or mods?

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Looking for suggestions for nerf bars that mount without welding and as little drilling of the frame as possible. I remember someone mentioning there was a style that mounted in the rear to the rear spring mount, not sure brand or where the front mounted.

Open to suggestions, wife and kids having trouble getting in and out (3.5 suspension lift and 2 inch body lift).

Thanks

Deano

Bronco Guru
Check with (toms bronco part) did have them and they mounted to the rear spring hanger and to the body mount that is on the frame behind the font wheel but you do have to drill a few holes. That what I have on mine and they are very strong and heavy!

SDlivin

Loc.
San Diego
Check with (toms bronco part) did have them and they mounted to the rear spring hanger and to the body mount that is on the frame behind the font wheel but you do have to drill a few holes. That what I have on mine and they are very strong and heavy!

Got pictures? especially on how they attach? Are they sturdy enough to act as ski's?

Deano

Bronco Guru
I've got a few picks on my flickr page. If you tie them into your roll cage you I guess could use them as rock ski's. There heavy wall tubing but I don't know if there that heavy to take the abuse of rock crauling without mods.

turtlesdove3

I've got a few picks on my flickr page. If you tie them into your roll cage you I guess could use them as rock ski's. There heavy wall tubing but I don't know if there that heavy to take the abuse of rock crauling without mods.

That's what I want to know too.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I got these from Toms. They came bare and I had them powder coated. I see that they come in SS now. They are really nice to help you climb in unless you are tall. Then they may just be in the way. They are real sturdy but I wouldn't use them for rock skiis.

Attachments

• installed 1.JPG
    installed 1.JPG
    270 KB · Views: 138

ajon

smittybuilt it the ones I have and they mount the same way, not sure if they are still made by them or not.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
I have 2 sets, Smittybilt was the original designer. Thet only flex a tad if really pushed, they could handle some abuse, but do hang down pretty low. Street truck that might see a trail once in awhile, they'll protect, trail rig, you'll rip them off.

matt w

Bronco Guru
here are mine from Toms--they double as a step.

I even cut some gray grip tape to put on the passenger side for the wife and other passengers!;D

...alas:cry: lots of drilling and welding in my case!%)

:D..I have tested them on the rocks! They Work SWEET!;)

Attachments

• guards.jpg
    guards.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 84

FSD

Sorry to revive an older thread, but this is something that I'm looking in too. The guys that got the Tom's Rock Ski w/Nerf, did you enforce them? On the site, it says that they are not to be used as a step.

I thought I saw some on another site and it went to the frame and said they could be stepped on. Is there anything else that has rocker protection w/a step?