• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Military pull offs? Rims?

jpopsbronco

Loc.
Irvine, CA
I'm looking into buying the military pull offs 5 37"s tires for 670$ 90% tread but they are rim size 16.5. Anyone used these tires? if so whad you do for rims? Thanks Joe

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've never seen those tires hook up well of road they are a very hard compound, might be OK for the street though.

Sabas

I put some on this year, tire combo is heavy around 140lbs. Couldn't beat the $100 a tire deal
sabas

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
Search for H1, there are a lot of threads on them. If you are going to off road it, stay away from the 37's, they are radial and thin sidewall. The 36's work pretty good with a little grooving, have a few guys running them here.

Here is what they look like with Dean Reed (Performance Cryogenics) pressed centers and rock rings from 3/8" plate.

Attachments

• DSCN1721.jpg
    DSCN1721.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN1720.jpg
    DSCN1720.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 29

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
There seem to be mixed opinions of the tires all around, but the price is good enough to deal with any of the downsides in my opinion. Even if you don't like the combo, you can sell it and not lose money. If you do like it you'll be happy you took the chance on it. Or you can upgrade to new tires and keep the rims. BTW, check your local craigslist before you buy on ebay. After selling the other stuff that came with them, I got 4 8 bolt H1 wheels with beadlocks for $125 (Also came with 36" tires that I may or may not use). And there's a guy in AZ selling the 37" tires for way less than $100 a tire.