• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

steering issues

tennessee toy

Loc.
Dyersburg, TN
after insatlling my lift kit - finally, i took my EB out yesterday and when turning to the right it is like a Chevy truck. It takes two acres to turn. But - it doesn;t seem to turn too much to the left.
HELP!!!
I looked at pitman arm, etc. everything seems right.
need suggestions - thanks

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
after insatlling my lift kit - finally, i took my EB out yesterday and when turning to the right it is like a Chevy truck. It takes two acres to turn. But - it doesn;t seem to turn too much to the left.
HELP!!!
I looked at pitman arm, etc. everything seems right.
need suggestions - thanks

Did you re-centered the front axle after the lift? When you install a lift the track bar will pull the axle to the drivers side, thus turning the pitman arm. You will need to either use a track bar riser, track bar drop bracket or an adjustable track bar to move the axle back towards the passenger side.

How much lift did you install?

Anthony

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
How about a drop pitman arm? they are typically needed with 3.5in lifts and defintely need if you install draop trac bar brackets.