• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Options for bumper-mounted spare carrier?

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I'm in need of a swing-out spare tire carrier, but I don't want to replace the bumper....I like the looks of the OEM bumper. Are there products out there that would bolt to the bumper? I'd rather not use the Bronco swing out unit that bolts to the corner panel...not sure it could take the 15x10" rim and 35" tire very well. Thanks.

surveyor5

Loc.
Oakridge, OR
I saw a clever vertical brace installed on the stock bracket. It had a foot that contacted the top of the stock bumper near the frame. I would take some of the load at least when wheelin. Mike

jimmy18thing

bumper

I am in the process of trying to fab up a system on an stock bumper right now.. .. I was going to get a spindle and weld it in and build an arm like I am sure you have seen. My only thing is I am working on is will the bumper twist from the weight... I have seen on wild horses website the have a cross brace that I think I may buy or try and fab something similar to avoid that happening. If you come up with anything let me know.... I will do the same