• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

clutch/brake pedal assembly?

Ches7911

Loc.
OKlahoma
I recently stripped my bronco and pulled everything out to prep for paint. I am sifting through the parts and I realize I have a pedal assembly/brackets for a manual. I would like to know what I need to make sure I have the proper brackets for an automatic set up when I put the bronco back together. I would hate to cut up the clutch bracket if someone else could use it.

And if I can get rid of the bracket, do I keep the brake pedal? Is it that much different than the stock automatic setup? Thanks

jedblake

Loc.
Boulder City, NV
Same brackets apply (its actually a solid steel bar that the cluch and brake hang on). On my manual to auto conversion, I removed the clutch pedal. I also removed the stock brake pedal and ordered a automatic brake pedal. Automatics always have the wider pedal.

OP
OP
Ches7911

Ches7911

Loc.
OKlahoma
Thanks jedblake. I actually went online and tried to shop for an automatic break pedal assembly - and realized the brackets were all the same! Lessons learned.