• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ps pump squeal

450rbronco

so the stats i have 33 inch tires, canned ham style pump and the 2wd power box. when i am turnig wheel on flat it is find but if there is any stress on it even fron sittign on hill i am gettign a pretty mean grinding type squeal and you can notice it in wheel. is my pump the culprit should i use another one or is it worse

6daze

Is this new? How is the belt alignment? Fluid level?

OP
OP
450rbronco

450rbronco

fluid is good how stinking tight should belt be i thought i had it tight enough

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
The belt should have about 1/2" of deflection. The belt and pulleys could also be glazed over. I always try and get the belts with ribs they seem to hold up better. You might want to scuff up the pulley surfaces a little as well to get the glaze off.

Last edited:

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Make sure your belt fits the groove correctly. Do you have enough belt to pulley surface .. sometimes on home made brackets we don't build in enough tension . When I built my Bronco the 1st time I put on a Canned Ham that I had used from my stash of about 5 .. 1st one didn't seem to work very good .So I installed a 2nd one not knowing the condition of any of these .. 2nd one worked much better .. It was easier to spin .. It's still working . You might flush new fluid thru the system also ..Clean helps also.