• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

foa coilovers

jrbronco

I have foa coils they are 38 inch long.I have WH extream shock hoops.Now can i bolt them up to my radius arms and up to those shock hoops.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I have foa coils they are 38 inch long.I have WH extream shock hoops.Now can i bolt them up to my radius arms and up to those shock hoops.

Is it the proper geometry? Personally I would build new mounts. I cannot speculate the strength of the hoops because I do not own pair. regardless it sounds like your coilovers are entirely too long to bolt to those hoops. you will most likely end up losing most of your wheel buckets to get them in there.

Edit: if they are the 1.5" .120 wall I would still feel iffy about resting the whole weight of my vehicle on them withuout adding an additional hoop across the engine bay. Further more are you planning on making a double shear mount to bolt up the C/O?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I think you need to go longer. I think a 5" lift and hoops will net you the ability to run about 33 -35" extended. You will need to go higher than the hoops I believe, likely above the inner fenders.

OP
OP
J

jrbronco

well i just mesured from the radius arm to the top of the shock hoop and its 26 inchs.Im running the 7 inch sky jacker coils and 42 inch irock.The coilovers are 38 inch so thats 12 inchs taller then im at now.Any idea how much the coilovers will sqot.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
well i just mesured from the radius arm to the top of the shock hoop and its 26 inchs.Im running the 7 inch sky jacker coils and 42 inch irock.The coilovers are 38 inch so thats 12 inchs taller then im at now.Any idea how much the coilovers will sqot.

What is your spring rate.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Were these coil-overs spec'ed out for a Bronco? Or did you pick them up from someone who was originally going to use them for another type of rig? This can make a huge difference in where you end up, and be the difference between raising your Bronco up too high, or having it squat to the stops just sitting there.

What length of travel are they rated at? Obviously, to mount them to your hoops you'd need them to compress 12" under load to get to ride-height. No way for us to tell from here what you're going to get. The spring rates will help, but there are so many variables that you may just have to be your own guinea pig when it comes right down to it.

Paul