• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What fluid do you put in your C-6?

patr1ck

Loc.
Tempe, AZ
Im curious... What fluid have you been putting in your C-6 trans? Post your reasons why too.

Thanks,
Pat

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I would use ATF

Beyond that, how old is it? has it been rebuilt? If rebuilt was it built for use with Dextron or type F?

OP
OP
P

patr1ck

Loc.
Tempe, AZ
I would use ATF

Beyond that, how old is it? has it been rebuilt? If rebuilt was it built for use with Dextron or type F?

Its an '89. I dont know if it has been rebuilt for a certain fluid type. Lets say its a stock trans. The Valvoline site says mercon 5 is to not be used in trans requiring type f or sp. The above link shows that mercon 5 is ok to use in a c6. Ive got conflicting results now Im confused?:?

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I run Mercon 5 in my C4. That's what we have always used in ford transmissions after rebuilds. That's what Ford says to use also.