• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

intake and carb ?

bigbri69

Loc.
tomsriver
im thinking of with a new intake and carb just woundering what setup you guys r having luck with.any part #s or brand names will b great.i have a stock 302 with longtube headers thats it.thanks

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Edelbrock performer manifold is the most popular choice and carbs 600 cfm or under I like holley carbs myself. If you plan on offroading a 470 cfm truck avenger would be a good choice. If your staying on the street only a eldebrock 500 cfm carb would be great.

bwilson293

Loc.
Clarkston
I recently bolted on the edelbrock performer and the holley 470 T/A. I could not be happier with the results. I have not had to do any adjustments, my 302 is also stock with the exception of headers. I did however have an issue with with hesitation at height rpm but it turned out to be a points issue. I threw in a new pertronics and coil and all problems solved. I ordered through summit racing, very helpful, set me up with everything I needed. Good luck. Included the part #'s below.
EDL-3721 MNFLD PERFORMER 302 4-V W/EGR A
EDL-8524 BOLT KIT INTAKE MANIFOLD
FPP-1250 INTAKE MANIFOLD SET A
HLY-0-90470 TRUCK AVENGER 470 CFM CARB
HLY-20-91 LINKAGE BRACKET
PRO-66802 AIR CLEANER LOW PROFILE 10"
SUM-G1423 CARB STUDS 1.70" OAL A

Last edited:

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Also I would go with used stuff you can usually pick up used intakes for less than $100 Used carbs for about the same. Although its a little tougher to find a used 470 TA they usally run a bit more.

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
I went with a Holley 470 T/A and a Weiand Action + manifold. Happy(ish). Still going to EFI. Lots of folks have good success with the Motorcraft 2100, on a stock 302 I don't know if a 4bbl is all that much of a gain. I didn't want to rebuild my 2100, but knowing what I do now, and having the 470 apart to re-jet, I would have tried fixing the 2100 1st.