• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

302 engine swap

oneshot1kill

Loc.
Oregon City, OR
I am in need of a new engine for my Bronco and am currently running the original 71 with a performer intake and 625 Edelbrock.

I have all the EFI stuff from a T bird to make a fuel injected engine. I have a line on a 1996 roller 302, will my 71 stuff bolt up to this block and can I run the T-bird injection on it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
I am in need of a new engine for my Bronco and am currently running the original 71 with a performer intake and 625 Edelbrock.

I have all the EFI stuff from a T bird to make a fuel injected engine. I have a line on a 1996 roller 302, will my 71 stuff bolt up to this block and can I run the T-bird injection on it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

The T-bird injection will all bolt right up to the 96 engine.
The rest of the 71 stuff will require various changes to work: flywheel needs to be 50oz imbalance, this will most likely need a new clutch as well. The harmonic balancer will need to be a 50oz imbalance unit as well. The clutch linkage will need an adapter to fit the 96 block.
Short answer is no, your 71 stuff will not be a direct bolt up.