• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Silly question of the evening

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Bottom line on top:

Does the stock fuel gauge switch on the dash have the 12 volt wire to power an electric fuel tank valve or is that a wire I have to run in addition to the wire to the switch?

Also, are all you guys running a filter off each tank prior to the electric valve? I've got a new BC Broncos tank and just cleaned my Aux tank so I was thinking I wouldn't add them. Thoughts?

Detail:

Pulled my switch and some of the wires pulled off the back inadvertently. I've rewired it according to the diagrams on here, but not sure if I'm missing a wire or if I need an additional one. for the 12 volt on the bottom of the switch.%)

Thanks!

chase8266

Loc.
vegas/slc/medford,OR
you will need a separate power wire for the electric fuel tank valve and the frame as the ground,and very good idea to run 2 filters before tank switch.
and if you have a 6 pull switch(dash switch)should be no problem to wire it in there,you can buy a 6 pull switch at the auto store if needed.
i run this setup on both broncos

oleguy74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
calif city ca
tank sw

wireing for stock sw.for electric valve,put +12vdc to term 1a.term 1b goes to electric valve.wiring this way,electric valve will only operate in aux pos.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
g8rb8t

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Thanks. To clarify, swtched 12 Volts or constant power to the switch?

Yes, I'm using the stock 6 pole switch