• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Options for hardware for flares

Broncofan76

Loc.
Atlanta
I know I have read a thread on this before but can not seem to find it - I searched. I'm going to drill out the rivets that currently hold my flares on and then re-attach after paint using something that looks a bit better like hex head, allen head or button head etc. Stainless?
what have you guys used? sizes? also any links to sources would be great.
thanks!

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I used #8 allen,button head, SS, black oxide coated screws on mine with nylon lock nuts. I think I got them from Bolt Depot or McMaster Carr.

backpain

Bronco Guru
I used #8 allen,button head, SS, black oxide coated screws on mine with nylon lock nuts. I think I got them from Bolt Depot or McMaster Carr.

x2 on allen, button head SS (painted or polished) w/nylock.

If you have fiberglass flares, be sure not to over-tighten the screws; the nylocks will hold them just fine without too much tension