• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

blown fuse

ddm156

I had a couple of fuses blow up on me last week. I replaced the hazard, wiper, and turn signal fuses --they all fryed at once? Why?? It happened when I was driving with the top off and got caught in some rain...didn't think I soaked anything though. Also, when I replaced the fuses, the hazard fuse sparked when I went to insert it and immediately blew. why might that have happened??? I suck at electrical work.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Wiper doesn't use a fuse. It has a circuit breaker in the wiper switch. Washers do use a fuse, same as turn signal fuse.

Turn signal and hazard circuits are close to each other in the column switch on '74 and up. The column switch is a high probability of failure item. If it's '73 or older I would expect to find a problem behind the dash.

OP
OP
ddm156

ddm156

I have the centech wiring harness, so I have more fuses. the hazards fuse blows every time I try to put one in. with the centech harness its a 15 fuse, right? i lost my instal instructions and fuse panel key. I moved the ground wire with no luck. Why is it doing this?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
More than likely your turn signal switch is toasted and causing the short.

OP
OP
ddm156

ddm156

these fuses are blowing in my hands, as I try to put them in while the truck is off and the switch is off...that might be important info...still say signal switch? My right park lamp on the grill is currently not working either, although I have power right out to the bulb. The turn signal works, but the park lamp does not.