• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock shock tower mod for long shocks.

racetra

Loc.
Arnold Ca
Has anybody done this. Since the economy has crashed so has the income. I am in the process of lengthening my front shock tower to accommodate a longer shock to get the most out of my suspension. I just finished the rear mod and was wondering if anyone has done this up front. It is a temp thing till I can get the big hoops but needed shocks now and didnt wanna buy them twice.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Hit up a junk yard for the F250 towers should be able to get them for next to nothing. They are just bolted on so they come off pretty easy.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
E5TZ.18183.A Ford part number----15.88 EACH from the dealer (list)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What they said.
And howdy right back! Welcome to CB.
Hopefully you can have a lot of fun here. If you're not working regularly too (which is possible more and more these days), then you just have more time (than money?) to spend here!

Back to your question though, even though the money they cost is super cheap by today's standards, if you've got scrap steel laying around and already own a welder, I don't see anything wrong with extending the stock ones. You could then decide whether or not to keep the stock stud-type upper mount, or change to an eye-type instead.

Frankly, even though I don't always consider my time worth much (to me), that bolt-n-go idea starts to look real good.

Good luck either way.

Paul

OP
OP
racetra

racetra

Loc.
Arnold Ca
Thanks for the input. Needabronco, That is a sweet lookin build so far. Like to see it when your done.
Paul, I got nothin but time right now. I am actually right near Slickrock. Let me know if you are comin up this way. I think I have it figured out. I will get some pics up soon. Im waitin for Mama to get home from Wild Horses with my shocks......Gotta go, she's here...Yee Ha.

69BroncoDad

Loc.
Rutland
I just bought a pair of E5TZ-18183-A F 250 mounts from the local ford dealer for $28 brand new...Thanks Tasker....

OP
OP
racetra

racetra

Loc.
Arnold Ca
I'm runnin 3 1/2 suspension. The distance from eye to eye was 18in. I am goin to 22-23 inches eye to eye with 13 inch travel shocks. What is the distance with the ford F-250 tower from the radius arm to the top mount , truck level, eye to eye with a 3 1/2 in suspension lift. Just curious!