• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear J**p Seat (search failed)

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
I have searched with every key word I can think of and still cannot find it.

I am looking for a simple mod that someone on here did. It was a yellow Bronco with a Jeep fold and tumble rear seat. He welded on some flat steel so the jeep seat mounts could reach the stock rear seat holes.

I have gone through countless threads (every page) and I still dont know how i found it the first time.

TIA
CHEERS!

SDlivin

Loc.
San Diego
Some pics of mine that the PO had installed. Can't confirm, but he said it came out of a jeep.
Plate steel with a tube sleeve welded to it. Seat has factory steel rods hanging out the bottom sides a couple inches that slide into the bracket. Folds up real nice.

Attachments

• rear tumble seat.jpg
    rear tumble seat.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 47
  • rear tumble seat 1.jpg
    rear tumble seat 1.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 46
  • rear tumble seat 2.jpg
    rear tumble seat 2.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 49
  • rear tumble seat 4.jpg
    rear tumble seat 4.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 52
  • rear tumble seat 5.jpg
    rear tumble seat 5.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 47
  • rear tumble seat 6.jpg
    rear tumble seat 6.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
Pokey71

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
That also looks like a good mounting idea! how much leg room is there? I still need to measure Ice chest so i will be able to throw one behind the rear seat.

I should mention that these two seats are the same style I have. (97-02 I believe)

What would you need a rear seat for??? :-X

UHHHHHHHHHH....... Exactly!

77BRONKOTN

Im in the process of Heeping the back. All I needed was a few bolts,washers,pins,nuts and two sizes of drill bits.

This is how the stock Heep hinge looks. Bar steel with a turned downed area to fit in the seat down bracket. In the picture Ive already drilled a 3/8 hole all the way through, knocking off the turned down part. Its just sitting there for example.

Here you can see how I grinded and drilled the Heep hinges.

Now the hinges line up with the stock holes. I will drill one more hole on each side.

Folded forward this is "about" where it will be. Folded down there is plenty of leg room.