• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

No wonder my parking break isn't working *PIC*

hollowch

Loc.
Midland, TX
The bracket is hanging on by a field mouse's ball hair. What to do? Fabricate my own bracket and just bolt it through the back of the floor pan?
photo2-1.jpg

Last edited:

barronj

Bronco Guru
I had to R & R that bracket when I did my floor pans. I re-welded it, but you could bolt it to if you weren't up to the task of welding.

I see the pic just fine.

Green76

Loc.
Sherman, Texas
I welded on a new $10 bracket from one of the vendors, mine was hanging as well, probably because of the body lift and standard length cables.

OP
OP
hollowch

hollowch

Loc.
Midland, TX
I welded on a new $10 bracket from one of the vendors, mine was hanging as well, probably because of the body lift and standard length cables.

Ahhh the body lift I didn't even think about that! So then the new fabbed bracket should be made to sit lower than the OEM

OP
OP
hollowch

hollowch

Loc.
Midland, TX
I had to R & R that bracket when I did my floor pans. I re-welded it, but you could bolt it to if you weren't up to the task of welding.

I see the pic just fine.

Yeah I think I'll end up fabbing one up and just bolting it to the pan... seems like the closest and only point of contact in that immediate area to bolt to. Poor factory design IMO.

I'm going heavy duty on the new piece I'm not messing around! =P