• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

high drive line??

bronco-kid

Loc.
roanoke
i have a wh 3.5 lift,im useing a 5 speed (mz) and a 205 transfer case .im wondering if my tcase is too highit has 31 in from yoke to yokewith a 15 in drop.im sure when the body gets put back on the frame i will drop some but that is alot of drop.any advice?? thinking about droping the motor mounts 2 in to help with the angle of the rear drive shaft.

Attachments

• bronco 067.jpg
    bronco 067.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 20
  • bronco 073.jpg
    bronco 073.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 24
  • bronco 071.jpg
    bronco 071.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 23

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
How much body lift are you looking to run? 205 looks like a good position, just not sure it will clear your floor pans unless you have a couple inches of body lift.

OP
OP
bronco-kid

bronco-kid

Loc.
roanoke
if i need body lift ill get what i need to clear it or ill mod the floor pan not sure yet.i was just concernd about the height of the tcase.so it looks ok .ill be able to run a cv joint with no worries???

broncobran68

Loc.
Idaho
My 205 sits about that high with my zf which I think is the same length as the Mazda. I had to cut a hole in the floor to fit the t case. In hindsight I would just order a
body lift. My rear shaft measured 29.5", but I didn't measure the drop, I'm assuming it will be fine.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Double CV up top and rear pinion at the right angle (-2*) and you should be good. 3.5" lift will help keep you out of too much trouble. Get a cheap angle finder from harbor freight or wherever and get the angle.

OP
OP
bronco-kid

bronco-kid

Loc.
roanoke
very cool to hear,THANKS alot body lift or floorpan mod ,makes no diffrence to me rite now im just fitting up the drivetrain ill probly go with a 2 in bodylift later.thanks for the help guys .its slow going rite now but im still moving.