• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wheel paint?

Tomdee

Loc.
Staten Island
I need to paint the wheels what is the best paint? type and brand please! currently can only paint, hope to powdercoat at tire change.
Tia
Tom D.

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
Alot of auto parts stores sell spray paint specifically for wheels. Google Wheel Painting and theres a bunch of stuff about brands and ways to do it. I used Krylon High Temp BBQ paint for a satin black finish. I've also heard of a few people that used appliance enamel with good results. Just depends on what color you want. As with most painting, its all in the prep. Degrease, clean, scuff, clean, self etching primer, and paint away.

idhawkdriver

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
I've been told Duplicolor is a pretty good brand. I'm preparing to do my stock wheels and an auto paint buddy basically echoed what Addicted said: it's all in the prep. Even for spray paint. :)

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Since this is a hold over until powder coat, go to the hardware store, pick your color, get the cheapest. Don't need good high dollar paint if you are just going to powder coat at the next tire change.