• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Electrical Harness Protection

bronconv

I'm installing a new wire harness, I've got it pre-routed and am about to start cutting and attaching. As I run the harness down the frame I was wondering what type of harness protection everyone is using to finish up the job.

Thanks,

Roger

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I used split loom to cover the entire harness and secured it to the top of the frame.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Braided split loom costs a little more, but is really nice and looks great. I think some of the vendors sell it. I got mine at McMasters-Carr and a seller on E-bay has it too. I can look him up if you want.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Tape with frequent gaps is the best because it allows the wiring to dry, and get washed out. Split loom is OK, but it can hold moisture & grit against the wires. I don't see any advantage to split braid, other than looks.

JW

Contributor
Loc.
Hobe Sound
spiral loom here, like the fact that it allows the wires to stay clean and dry while offering good chafe protection

dbevans2249

Loc.
Buena Park, Ca.
I realy like the Split Braided Sleeving thet a vender going by the name furryletters sells on Ebay. The harness wrap from RJM is also great stuff. Dont use electrical tape. I gets stickey and just plane nasty in no time. JMO

OP
OP
bronconv

bronconv

Thanks for the input. I never seen the braided type I'll have to look it up.

Roger