• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Divorce np435 ?

COSTS69

I am looking at putting NP435 in place of stock 3 speed in my 69 bronco.
I have stock dana20 and plan on using an adapter to mate Np 435 with my 20 case , The problem I have is will the bell houseing off 3 speed bolt onto 435 ? and the Np 435 is off of 1972 ford 1 ton with difvorce np 205, So will the Np435 adapters work with this tranny ?
Thanks for help if anyone can.

Rockin69er

I run the divorced np 435 in mine. The bell housing, flywheel, clutch, throwout bearing and fork will all work. If yours are good just leave them in place. Check that the 435 has 28 splines on the output shaft and your good with any of the adapters. Some people have had to trim some off of the spud shaft to make it fit. I have put several divorced 435's in Broncos and have not had to trim so far. Check the tech section there is a good write up on this swap. Good luck, you won't be disappointed!

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
All ford trannys bolt up to ford bellhousings at least from the mid 60's on up. Doesnt matter if the tranny was behind a 6 cyl or SB or BB they all bolt up.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
That is the same exact truck that my NP-435 came out of. I had no problem with any thing only had to trim off the threads on the output shaft. Used the 6 cyl intermediate and an adaptor from Kurt.

OP
OP
C

COSTS69

That is the same exact truck that my NP-435 came out of. I had no problem with any thing only had to trim off the threads on the output shaft. Used the 6 cyl intermediate and an adaptor from Kurt.

Thanks ! now I can cotinue my project !