• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Doors with no window frames

Tim in Az

Loc.
Mesa
I see allot of guys running doors with no window frames and gutting the glass and filling the opening, smoothing and paint. I really like the look but was wondering if anyone has made a snap in window that works with a soft top. Or is there already something made for this application like there is with soft doors? If so pics would be great..

Thanks Tim

desertoasis2b

I was told they wouldnt sell them separate?

I called customer service at best top and told them what I was doing.
They sold them to me as replacement parts for the 2 piece doors.
They dont stock them, you have to order them and it took about 5 or 6
weeks to get them. I was wrong on the price, I ordered 2 pair for $120
so they only cost $60 a pair instead of each. There are a few guys in
So Cal Broncos running them.

OP
OP
Tim in Az

Tim in Az

Loc.
Mesa
I just called Bestop and was quoted $55.95 per door. plus $25 shipping.

Left Upper Door Part# 404.51
Right Upper Door Part# 404.52

3 to 4 week lead time

desertoasis2b

I just called Bestop and was quoted $55.95 per door. plus $25 shipping.

Left Upper Door Part# 404.51
Right Upper Door Part# 404.52

3 to 4 week lead time

Cant find my reciept but the wife tells me $55-$60 each sounds correct
so much for my memory

brocken

Loc.
Seattle
That's still awesome at $55 each! My bestop should be here today and that would be a great compliment.
I really like the frameless look but it's not really convenient to take the '67 window frames off and on. At least, not as easy as rolling a soft top up.

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
i would be very happy if they came in white, but i am pretty sure they dont.

desertoasis2b

I still need to mount mine, but they are like the j**ps, they have 2 pegs that
slide into holes that I drilled in the top of the doors. I need to fab some sort of
tube for them to slide into. If you havent filled the chanel on top of the door yet, it would be real easy to weld the tubes to the plate that you use for that. They
also have a strip about 2 in wide of velcro the hole length of the door, I will get some pictures of the upper halfs of the doors later this weekend

brocken

Loc.
Seattle
Any pics yet? My stock window frame is busted and I'm trying to decide if I should order the soft window.

jdkin01

Loc.
SoCal
I see allot of guys running doors with no window frames and gutting the glass and filling the opening, smoothing and paint. I really like the look but was wondering if anyone has made a snap in window that works with a soft top. Or is there already something made for this application like there is with soft doors? If so pics would be great..

Thanks Tim

I made mine where I can take off the window frames and bolt them back on, but I still have the vent windows.

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 258

mudmagnet63

Loc.
Geary OK.
jdkin01 could you post up some more detailed pic's my doors are capped and I'm wanting to do what you have. How does the window fit in, and attachment points for the frame? Will it work with a hard top?

Thanks

Mud

brocken

Loc.
Seattle
I was hoping to see pictures of how the soft windows mount to the regular doors...
Sounds like they're not a direct bolt in like the stock window frames.