• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

RE: 3 Speed to C4 conversion

malibubronco

RE: 3 Speed to C4 conversion

OK here's my dilemma, I have a 73 uncut original paint EB with minor rust issues (inside fender aprons near firewall, inside driver kick panel and rust hole in windshield frame. On the plus side, original paint 100%, A/T , power steering, Ranger package. I also acquired a 69 EB...3 speed no power steering.
But...it is 100% rust free...can't find a spot of rust and paint is 100% original with no touch ups or repaints. Only one softball size dent in front fender. Now should I take the C4 and the P/S unit off of the 73 or sell the 73 as is and
track down a C4 and P/S unit? What would the EB experts do? Mind you I can't really do much except take things apart... thanks guys..

NYLES

Bronco Guru
c4 parts aint cheap, if you have em keep em, adaptor and spud shaft running about 500$ then you gotta find one out of a 4x4 or tear a 2wd version down and convert it.

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
all original parts broncos are hard to find. Really hard to say what to do. I always went with the idea of having two broncos. ONe stock and one what ever I want to do with.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Just find another C4 they are easy to find and fairly cheap you can usually find them for less than $500. Same with the PS. Also its harder to sell a vehicle without a transmission or PS. You'd also probably have a future member here cussing the PO for tearing up a otherwise good 73 Ranger. but there your broncos do what you want. Sure you dont want to take the 73's D44 as well?
overall condition of both sound like they are very close dont know why you would pull parts off one just to make the other one what one was.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
If the 73 is as posted, I'd just fix the minor rust issues. Do whatever you want with the 69. Cheaper to fix the 73 than move everything to the 69.

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Fix the 73 and sell the 69 complete. I rust free bronco is hard to find and should bring good money.