• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

inner fender questions

kboehm73

Loc.
College Station
Ok so i just removed my fenders for replacement and came upon dents, cracks and rust. My question is should i try to cut out the bad spots or just replace entirely? Also, how hard is it to replace the inner fender and wheel well? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• pic 7.JPG
    pic 7.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 87
  • pic 1.JPG
    pic 1.JPG
    229.5 KB · Views: 74
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 71
  • pic 3.JPG
    pic 3.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 64
  • pic 4.JPG
    pic 4.JPG
    249.3 KB · Views: 60
  • pic 5.JPG
    pic 5.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 57
  • pic 6.JPG
    pic 6.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 49

mritchy1

I replaced mine. Was not that hard,used spot weld cutter from Harbor freight to cut off the old ones. Then just spot weld the new ones on.

rojo23

Loc.
Ashland, VA
inner fender

Make sure you have your fender measurement before you do any cutting. I would do 1 side at a time and just check a diagonal measurement from the back to the core support. This will insure that you are still square. If for some reason you are not square now you can loosen the bolts on the core support and shift it the direction you need.