• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Motorcraft Carb ID

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
While scrounging for parts for my 3 speed to C4 conversion I picked up a carb from a late 70s 4X2 pick up that had the pan fill transmission. I did not write down the year of the truck! I want to use this carb because it has the kick down linkage provisions.

The carb is a two barrel and looks very much like the 2 barrel on my '68 now. The id plate has three rows of data:

D7TE - note that the 7 and T are in a much bigger font that the D and E
BYA - the Y is much bigger
F8C11

Not sure if it helps but it has a choke that uses a tube running to the exhaust manifold. Of course I have headers - anyone have a fix for this little "feature"?

Can anyone help me id the truck or carb so I can get a rebuild kit?

Thanks

73EB

Loc.
Bentonville, Ar
If I remeber correct the letter number combo you have should be all you need. Napa sold me one for something like $19.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Basically its the same carb you should have a matorcraft 2100 on the 68 and that carb is a 77 and should be a motorcraft 2150. Its kinda debateable wether the 2150 is better or not there are slight differances but most rebuild kits cover both the 2100 and 2150 so that tells you how close they are. Should be able to ask for a rebuild kit for a 77 truck.

There should be a star like casting in the side and it should have number inside of it like 1.08,1.14 or 1.21, 1.23 the cfm ratings for each is 287, 300, 351, 356 respectively. So you could get a little bigger carb. But on the same note many later carbs were tuned for emssions and egr systems so it could run lean on your truck or it could be perfectly fine. Wont know uintil you bolt it on and run it. As for the choke well you can block it off if the choke housing also has a electrical connections as its just uses both electric and engine heat to open the choke. You may have to set the choke leaner if the tube is blocked off. Or Just transfer your choke setup off your current carb to the new one.

OP
OP
pcf_mark

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Ok I'll wander over to the parts morons and see if they can help! Thanks for the extra info on the later carbs. The truck I took it out of had zero emissions equipment so maybe it was earlier than I thought. It runs ok now but I want all the C4 bits to work as Henry intended so I am going to use this to get the kickdown to work. I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The kickdown rod from the truck should work as is. The shift selector rod may be too long. Block plate and inspection cover are good. Neutral safety switch is the same. Heck I'd take the entire C4 and turn it into a Bronco C4.