• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Undersized seal?

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
Is there such a thing as an undersized seal for the harmonic balancer?

My Explorer balancer is a little worn and I was thinking I could machine a bit off the snout if I could get a seal that was smaller. I'm cutting the counterweight off for my zero balance motor so it's already gonna be set up in the lathe. Anyone heard of one?

Dan

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Also heard them called Redi-Sleeves (or something like that) too. So in case someone gives you a blank stare, you might try that name as well.
I think some of the bearing manufacturers carry them. Like BCA perhaps?

Paul

OP
OP
Dan74Bronc

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
Yea, I knew about the sleeve but was just wondering about the undersized seal. I think I will see if it leaks (still building motor) then go with the sleeve if it does.
Thanks guys.
Dan

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I've got several speedi-sleeves on my Bronco. One has been on the 9" yoke for almost 20 years and hasn't leaked yet.