• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Nut and fitting sizes needed

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
OK brothers... I need your help. 3 subjects:

1- What is the lower Trac Bar stud nut size and thread count on this Dana 30? (see pic)

2- On this 93-ish Ford power steering pump, what is the high pressure fitting size? I was told it's metric 16mm @ 1.5... but I want to make sure

3- On an original Bronco PS box... what is the size and thread of the high pressure side.

If you guys can help me with this I can probably turn a key before Thanksgiving.

My intention is to go to a tractor supply and get the right fittings and then take it to our local hose builder and have them attached to a chunk of stainless braid tubing.

Your help is definitely appreciated ! :)

Attachments

• PS_Rack.jpg
    PS_Rack.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 10
  • PS_pump.jpg
    PS_pump.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 7
  • bar_nut.jpg
    bar_nut.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 9

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Power steering box is a 1/2"x20 NPT the track bar bolt I believe is a 3/4" coarse thread castle nut(I have several, wish I knew I'd have brought one down). A good hardware store or maybe NAPA would have one, but you'll have to look in the bins for them.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
I figured you'd pipe in.... any guesses on the pump fitting?

Heck... if you have a spare castle nut... fire one down ;)

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
trac bar stud is 3/4 fine thread.(radius arms are coarse thread)
the p/s pump fitting could very well be the 16x1.5 that is what the explorer is

tractor supply doesn't have much in terms of fittings for your application. is there a Parker store or speed shop in town? even a big truck deisel parts house will have the JIC fittings that will work with braided line fittings.

p/s box is two different sizes.
hth

JIMS74

Loc.
PORTSMOUTH, VA.
The high pressure port on my 74 P.S. BOX is 11/16"-18 INV. FLARE. the return port is a 5/8"-18 INV. FLARE. It is a straight thread, not a NPT or tapered thread, a tapered thread would not allow the fitting to seat on the flare inside the port porperly.
I just measured them with a set of mics. and a thread pitch gage.
Jim