• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 20 Output Shaft??

noreasteb

Loc.
Narragansett
After a few months of cruising around and an occasional beating of the 77 after my frame off, I snapped the rear output shaft clean off.
After spending close to my last dime on getting this project finished I cannot afford one of the Advanced Adapter HD tailshaft kits ($450).
Is the output shaft from other dana 20's the same as my 77 j shift?
I was thinking from a CJ-5 or CJ-7 as they seem abundant around here.

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Your best bet is to post up on some local wheeling sites for a whole D20 for an EB. They usually go for around $100. I think a guy on NEOW had one for sale over the summer that never sold.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
think i have one at Steve's house, yours if you want it....

OP
OP
noreasteb

noreasteb

Loc.
Narragansett
Thanks Randy, I'm all in if you still have it. I just need to get it back on the road before May (of course).

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
better be! will give a call later today and see if we can make arrangements......only if i get a ride in it when it's done though!