• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

On a level Bronco...

kaw550

Bronco Guru
are the bumpers the same height?

I changed the springs in the front and I am using a jack to determine how much I need to lift the rear. The truck is in the garage and I cant stand far enough back to see how it looks.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don't know about the bumpers. I always use the body seam line or the bed-rail top to set level heights on Broncos. Match the bed rail to the floor, and you've got as close to level as you're going to see I would think.

You can't use the fender openings. You can use the front fender, but it curves down in the front too, so it's not quite as accurate as the long seam or the bed rail top in my mind.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, and I prefer the visual clues too, rather than actual "level" when setting my preferred height. Raise it up to where you think it looks the best. If that happens to be level, great. If not though, at least it's where you want it and you don't have to second guess the body panels.
Just stand back and look at it, to see what angle you like.

Paul