• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New electrical issue :(

99f250

Loc.
Parker
I was informed by the car behind me today I had no tail lights.

Pulled over to check and no brake lights. The night tail lights aren't working either.

The blinkers work, flashers work but no night lights or brake lights. Front headlights are working though.
I changed the fuse for the stop lamps but according to the diagram I found F-5 is for emergency warning & stop lamps and the emergency flashers are working.

Also noticed tonight that I have no lights for the gauges now either.

Any ideas how/what wires to check for brake lights and tail lights under the dash? I'd assume the wires going to the actual light are okay since the blinkers and flashers work or is this wrong?

Any help would be appreciated as I have to get this going again as school starts on Monday for the kid.

Jeff

Bronco Paul

Check the power across the ignition switch...I've found in the past that to be the culprit when an entire system goes out. I had the ground come loose from the ignition switch once and lost all my stop lights and blinkers.

patb69sport

Loc.
Sebastopol, Ca
I was informed by the car behind me today I had no tail lights.

Pulled over to check and no brake lights. The night tail lights aren't working either.

The blinkers work, flashers work but no night lights or brake lights. Front headlights are working though.
I changed the fuse for the stop lamps but according to the diagram I found F-5 is for emergency warning & stop lamps and the emergency flashers are working.

Also noticed tonight that I have no lights for the gauges now either.

Any ideas how/what wires to check for brake lights and tail lights under the dash? I'd assume the wires going to the actual light are okay since the blinkers and flashers work or is this wrong?

Any help would be appreciated as I have to get this going again as school starts on Monday for the kid.

Jeff

Horn out too?

15 Amp breaker internal to headlight switch provides power to stop (Red wire), tail/marker/park (Brown wires),cluster(Blue/Red) and also horn (yellow).

Headlights are on a separate 18A breaker.

Pat

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And yes, you're correct in thinking that because the flashers work, your bulbs and the wires from the turn-signal switch are functioning. It's what's going on before the turn-signal switch that's a little fuzzy.
Do what they said though. Check for power at a few key places, such as the brake switch on the pedal and such. See where it's falling short.
Headlight switches get old, but unfortunately, so do the wires and connections on a Bronco!

Good luck. Let us know what you find as you go along. You'll get it whipped.

Paul

myclsic69

Yes, i had a simular problem. bad light switch. Check for 12v in/out of Brake light swsitch also. Good Luck.

oleguy74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
calif city ca
lite sw

look at diagram.red circle,might be to lite to see but look at c-233,and wire 285 br.that wire is tail lites and marker.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 25

n10ec

Loc.
Knoxville
I had the exact same issue. brake was due to the turnsignal switch and tail lights and marker lights were the headlamp switch.

OP
OP

99f250

Loc.
Parker
Many thanks guys for the suggestions. I'll try those things tomorrow and see what I can figure out. You guys rock!

Happy New Year