• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Aftermarket Dash Pad Installation Question

nosaj2k

Loc.
Green River, WY
Has anyone had fitment issues with non-factory dash pads, particularly when aligning the screw mounting holes in the new part with the original factory mounting holes on the front of the dash? I have purchased two different dash pads from two reputable vendors, with similar results. How have you guys mounted these? Should I just drill new holes in the dash to match the mounting holes provided in the new part? I am kind of reluctant to do this, but if this is standard protocol...

Thanks for your input. :)

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
Other than getting to the screws up near the windshield (unscrewing the dashboard itself to move it back a little helped, along with using my little Craftsman ratcheting right-angle screwdriver), I had no isses with the one I got from Tom's Bronco Parts. Everything lined up fine.

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
With the factory replacement I purchased it did not have holes.
It is possible to measure and make it match, however it is much easier if you drill small clearance hole in the new pad and run a new sheetmetal screw in the dash.

The large holes in the front fit fairly well, may be off center slightly but not enough to be concerned.