• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front suspension in the rear

IceBronco

Hello.

I saw a '73 while travelling in east Iceland just the other day. First thing I noticed was the suspension in the back, it was a bone stock front suspension setup. What I was wondering was how well this will work and also if the rear axle won´t be able to twist inside the c bushings? Anyone tried this?

Thanks,

Hjörleifur.

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Met a guy in LA who did it. Said it works well but it's a trailer queen. I'll post a pic later.

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
This rig belongs to the treasurer Walter Cox from LEBC in Texas. Dana 60 rear and it is a trailer machine. Pics were shot with my iphone.

Attachments

• hot springs 007.jpg
    hot springs 007.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 80
  • hot springs 020.jpg
    hot springs 020.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 58
  • hot springs 035.jpg
    hot springs 035.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 74
  • hot springs 051.jpg
    hot springs 051.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
I

IceBronco

The bushing bracket was mounted on a stock looking 9". I gathered it had new original front springs front and rear, it must be rather stiff on front springs in the back. I was mostly wondering if the 9" isn't going to twist inside the c bushings with forseen problems on the drive shaft..

H

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
My buddy up in Norcal runs extended stock radius arms front and rear on coilovers and has no problems either on the trail or highway at 70 mph (it is NOT a trailer queen). Well built rig (close to 400hp), C-4, FW axles, 37s on beadlocks, 4.56 gears and detroits front and rear.

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Bronko69er has this setup on his rig, and it works awesome, it's his DD, and wheeling machine. Hopefully he will post up more details about it.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
your antisquat would be a little high if you ran stock length arms but it would work decent if set up right.

as far as the springs being stiff, duff uses front springs in the back on their 4 link and it isn't a problem. i'm setting mine up with deavers in the back so i hope it rides alright.