• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Twin Stick - anyone bought this one?

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Here is a deal on e-bay for a twin stick with the boot http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0657410748&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Has anyone used this?

I thought twin stick was the answer to my shifter woes (I can not get into 4wd high or once there I can not get out). I read someone who stated that the twin sticks do not have a detent and can fall in or out of gear. True or not? I could get a new improved design factory shifter for a little more money but if it sucks too I will be upset! I do not do any off roading but use 4WD when communiting to work in the snow.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
i have one on the way right now. do a search for jbfab on here and you'll find nothing but good things.

brocken

Loc.
Seattle
Yup, that's the jbfab kit and it's really nice. I have one on my bronco and really like it. It's much easier to shift the rear now. I still have problems with shifting the front but that's an issue inside my T case.

croft75

I have the JB fab one with the billet knobs, was a very easy install and works very well and smoothly.

gtnorga

I'm one step closer to having my own twin stick having just rebuilt my t-case. Detent is a function of the T-case shift rail notches, springs and steel balls. I didn't see any detent function as part of my j-shifter. if they pop out of gear there may be a problem with output shaft end play/pre-loading or weak detent ball springs. There are lots of threads on here that go into the subject. I couldn't have rebuilt my t-case without them;D. Gotta love this site.

mnido

How does this conversion work with a NV3550 ? My concern is the shifting levers for both the transfer case and the NV3550. Thanks

Randrew

Loc.
Tempe, AZ
I'm not sure about how it works with a NV3500, but I installed one on my T shift with a ZF 5 speed. It had to be custom mounted. Jon from JB Fab was very helpful and even sent me some extra parts to make things all fit right. Shoot him and email and I'm sure he can help you out.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Yap just about every one on this sight has JB Fabs shifters . 99% of us love them.. Mine shifts like a silk glove. Mine are mounted up with a NP435 & dana 20 So I've taken the hot wrench to the Np shifter and then to the JB sticks that what it says to do in the instructions.

brocken

Loc.
Seattle
They make a JB fab kit for the NV3550 and T handle Tcase. You should be able to order it on their site.
I have the NV3550 with the JB fab kit and it works great.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
might contact jon from JB fab, i know he was working with someone on a J shift twin stick specific for the NV3550.

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does anyone know if you have to make any modifications to the transfer case to install this twin shifter?

mavereq

Bronco Guru
Does anyone know if you have to make any modifications to the transfer case to install this twin shifter?

you don't "have" to make modifications. you have the option of removing a detent from the shifter which enables you to (hope i have this right) engage your front axle with your rear axle disengaged.

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For the J shift it just a cut on the shift rails to allow them to work independently. I think you need to do more for the T shift

markperry

Bronco Guru
I just installed mine today! It was a pretty easy install! Once you get it in you will love it!

Oatmeal

Just got done installing mine.......top notch product for a smoking deal! I should have done this years ago! Going to try it out tomorrow. It'll be nice to disengage the front axle for tight turns....always been a pain with a non-selectable locker. Hmmm.....front wheel drive for snowy roads? :)----------Hans