• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Here is my front bumper measurements!

johnnybgood74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
boise, idaho
well, here you go guys. took alot of time to get this done! lol first off, when you click on the measurements pic, click it again and it will enlarge it so you can clearly read all the measurements and angles(which are in red). any questions you may have, just post up and i will get back to you. also, i did not include the backside pieces because im sure we will all have different ways we want to build our brackets to mount it to the frame. but, i did include pics of what i am thinking of doing. enjoy!

John

Attachments

• bronc bump measurments 2.jpg
    bronc bump measurments 2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 455

croft75

Looks good what were you going to do for the back bumper , I have been wanting to do something in this style for mine. Do you have any ideas worked out?

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
speaking from experience, especially if you will be working by yourself, lay the entire bumper out on one sheet of steel. Mark every "cut" on the backside of the bumper. Do not cut it all the way thought but just scar it with a cut off wheel so the somewhere arround a 1/16" of an inch is left.

Then bend all these pieces around until you get the bumper the way you want it then just stch weld the backside. No welds on the front (or at least only a few) means no grinding to clean up. It also means no tacking and knocking back loose, dropping pieces etc. If you just do even a decent job of back cutting the pieces will all line them selves up.

I built my front in individual peices, I built the rear by backcutting as much of it as I could. Even though it took a lot longer to cut it went together so fast and easy.

OP
OP
johnnybgood74

johnnybgood74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
boise, idaho
Croft75, i have the plans for the back bumper too which will include a tire carrier and cooler rack also. i will make the main bumper without the carriers out of cardboard and post it up so it can be made with or without the carriers. again with measurements. 00gyrhed, thats an awesome idea, that will save me a ton of time. i was thinking of kinda the same thing but taking it to a fab shop and have the parts that i can bent up with a break depending on price. i think i will just back cut it. thanks for the advice.

ljspop

Loc.
San Marcos, Ca
Thanks for posting Johnny. Quiet time after the kids are down so for kicks and to see how it would look I built one out of cardboard too using your template. I like the backcutting idea and will probably go that way. Un-taping pieces of this should help make laying that out easier.

179353_1628685471117_1055978339_31404955_3524482_n.jpg