• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sound system- where did you put speakers

volnut77

Loc.
knoxville
What type speakers, how many and where did you mount them? As always pictures would help.

If you put in one of the new single din 5-7" touch screens did you put it in dash or in a console? Opinion in hind sight?

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
2 in the door and 2 more in the rear quarter panel. 1 sub in the quarterpanel with enclosure is currently being done.

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
Two Boston SR60's pointing down under the dash, four Kenwood KFC-X133's in the back side panels and the sub box on the floor behind the back seat. Kenwood KDC-X94 and XR-5S in the tuffy box. Sounds great and will rock your socks off.

HOT RAM

Loc.
Shenandoah Valley,VA
I made two sheet metal panels to cover the space between the rear of the door opening and the fender wells.Used one 6x9 on each side.

Sorry no pics

armynavy17

Contributor
There was another post like this not too long ago, it might have some more ideas. Try searching for speaker. I can't remember it its in tech or chat though.

OP
OP
volnut77

volnut77

Loc.
knoxville
The wakeboard idea is interesting. Do you use them? Tell me more about the way they sound and how well they integrated in the bronco. Using them would allow me to not have to cut anything. They look like they may be a little bulky in the interior if you had two people in the back and two in the front.

rtreads

Loc.
Mine are over the tunel, right under the dash below the stereo. Simple, easy to hear. easy box to make, and dont have to run wires all over.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Marine amp powered by a MP3 player connected to marine speakers in your place of choosing. Easy and cheap - in the doors and back would be a nice fit.

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
I have 1 speaker in each door (like above but without the custom door panels), 6x9's in homemade boxes above the rear wheel wells, 10" sub box mounted under the rear seat (Sony XPlod setup) with an amp for the sub mounted under the passenger seat. All of it's run by a Sony head unit in a Tuffy console. It sounds pretty good, gets pleanty loud, and the sub adds just enough bottom to help without thumping.

As soon as it comes in, though, I'm going to move the door speakers up to the BC Broncos wiper motor cover so that I can actually hear them. Being down low on my doors makes them really hard to hear.

jpopsbronco

Loc.
Irvine, CA
I wish I was this talented with fiberglass http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/838477

You should fiberglass a dash! (Cause eventually thats what I'm going to attempt)

I made my own quarter panels with 6x9s in them, have the 6.5's in the doors and a 12 behind the seat. Highs run by rockford fosgate punch 200 wrms x2 ohms (under passenger seat) and sub run by hifonics b1600d (1600wrms at 1 ohm). It gets loud enough to set off car alarms and I can hear it pretty damn well on the freeway with no top at 75.;D

OP
OP
volnut77

volnut77

Loc.
knoxville
Brwngr5--you win. That's over the top glass work. I really want to see more photos of those things installed. Please send me the finished product with the speakers in. Pm me and I'll give you an email or post here please.

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
WOW... that is some impressive work on those speaker boxes.... I would love to have a set of those kick panel boxes...

Great job...

Greg