• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Neutral safety switch

tn_dave_73

Loc.
Knoxville
Does anyone know where i can find the wires or connector for the neutral safety switch for a 73 with a c4? Bought a 73 and am getting a start signal from the key switch but it is not getting to the solenoid switch.Looked under it and under dash, etc. but couldn't find it. Good thing it is not a snake, probably would have bit me. It doesn't have a neutral switch on it so am suspecting i may need to temporarily jumper the wires.Thanks.

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
It is bolted to the transmission linkage on the left side of the transmission. The linkage passes through the switch oddly enough because the switch is round. Anyway the lead is pretty long it could be in the engine compartment or inside. Follow the wires away from the transmission. They break off for the back light switch in the engine compartment for me but that may not be for everyone.

If you need one I have one I took off an F100 I'll send you for free with the switch and wiring intact. I have never tested it however I have a floor shifter.

OP
OP
T

tn_dave_73

Loc.
Knoxville
I looked at one on JBG and don't think my trans has one on it. It is a project Bronco and has a pretty rough floor shifter. I just noticed and there is a square plug poking out under the throttle linkage thing that has 2 male and 2 female pins. Could this be it?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I looked at one on JBG and don't think my trans has one on it. It is a project Bronco and has a pretty rough floor shifter. I just noticed and there is a square plug poking out under the throttle linkage thing that has 2 male and 2 female pins. Could this be it?

That's it. You can buy the NSS still but it's somewhere around $70.

fatboy4211

Loc.
Ennis, TX
i just bought one at napa and it was 63.00 (150.00 sug price)with my discount. tbp has em for 69.00 plus shipping. everything but the backup lights worked on my old one

BTW viperwolf sent me to napa. napa is a goldmine!! i check there first because everything i seem to need...i needed it yesterday thanks viper...i had been brainwashed by the leading "cheap parts" house for too long

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
i just bought one at napa and it was 63.00 (150.00 sug price)with my discount. tbp has em for 69.00 plus shipping. everything but the backup lights worked on my old one

BTW viperwolf sent me to napa. napa is a goldmine!! i check there first because everything i seem to need...i needed it yesterday thanks viper...i had been brainwashed by the leading "cheap parts" house for too long

You can repair the switches sometimes. Drill out the rivets and take it apart. You'll see a couple brass slugs that are worn on one side. Turn them over and rivet it back together.