• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'77 Main Tank Hose Reviews?

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was wondering the same thing. I have mine rigged right now but would sure like to find on that fit right.

jkransbottom

Loc.
Stallings, NC
Well, I can tell you that it is a diffcult install using this hose as it is a couple inches too short in my opinion. It comes with no instructions so I called JBG and was told to cut the hose and insert a piece of metal tubing (supplied with two hose clamps) to make it reach between tank and filler neck. What they don't tell you is that you have to be very specific about WHERE you cut the hose due to the bends in the hose supplied. I ended up having to order a second hose from them after cutting mine incorrectly (and I'm not sure it would have been long enough if I had cut it properly the first time). Would be better if the supplied metal tube was a couple inches longer in my opinion. Fitting the hose on the filler neck and gas tank neck weren't very difficult. I can take pictures of mine installed if that'd help. Just got it installed last weekend.

JimR

I did mine a couple years ago and ran into the same thing. I had to call and they explained how to use the metal piece....I remember wondering what that was for! After that it was no big deal doing the install. You do have to cut and insert it in the right place but I don't remember that being too big a deal. From what I remember also, bronco graveyard was the only company offering any 77 main tank filler hose. I can take a pic and post tomorrow evening if you need it.

OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Pictures would be great if you guys get a chance. Thanks!

moffatj2

Loc.
Hartsville, SC
I ordered and installed that part a few months ago working on my 77. It was a pain to install. I had to look at it awhile and figure out in my head which way to cut it.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
This is how I overcame the problem of the tank being 1 3/4 and the 77 filler tube being 2 1/4

Attachments

• 77-hose-adaptor_sb2.jpg
    77-hose-adaptor_sb2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 58

Levonsa

Loc.
Henagar, AL
I just had to replace this hose on my truck and took an odd route. The parts store had some hose that was reinforced and rated for any type fuel or hydraulic fluid. I bought house that would fit the neck on the gas tank. I got it a little longer than needed. I took it to a local muffler shop and had them expand one end to fit over the filler neck. I put that end on the tank tempoarily, replaced it and marked where to cut the other end. dropped the tank, flipped the hose and reinstalled. It is very rigid, and will not bend as tight as the factory hose, so it can't be used as a good reference.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Toms has that hose....

Fuel Filler Hose - Rear/Main Gas Tank, 1977 Ford Bronco, New
New Fuel Filler Hose for 1977 Ford Bronco Rear Main Gas Tank. This filler hose is as close to orignal as there is available. Unlike other hoses sold for the 77 Bronco rear tank, this filler hose will fit in just as easily as the factory hose.
Fits the following Vehicles:
'77-'77 Ford Bronco
SKU: 6260
Price: $39.00

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
I just got the 2 different size hose from the parts store and inserted one into the other and couple of hose clamps. Still holding fine for the past 8 or so years.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I thought of putting 1 hose inside the other but decided it would leak and no one makes a hose that is 2 1/4 on one end and 1 3/4 on the other. All the aftermarket tanks and stock 66-76 tanks are 1 3/4"