• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Original stock radio for 70's--Anyone have pics

volnut77

Loc.
knoxville
I'm trying to find an original stock radio for my 77 and I have never seen one, so I have no idea what I'm looking for. Anyone have pictures of theirs or know where I can find one? I looked on ebay there was one shown, but I wanted another opinion to make sure I know what I'm getting

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
Here you go....from my '70.

Attachments

• CIMG6459.jpg
    CIMG6459.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 58
  • CIMG6457.jpg
    CIMG6457.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 49
  • CIMG6456.jpg
    CIMG6456.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 55

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I'm headed over to the Bronco Hut this weekend...I'd be happy to check out what they have as far as OEM radios and report back for you.

OP
OP
volnut77

volnut77

Loc.
knoxville
I talked to a couple companies today that take the old radios and gut them and refurbish with updated boards and add MP3/iPod/CD inputs on the back. The problem with the old bronco radio is that there are no control to update for fade and balance adjustment so I decided to go with this one. http://www.metropartsmarket.com/catalogs/image_vintageaudio_105653.html

Because you can actually adjust the iPod with the radio controls. I want the look of a radio that is not worthy of theft.

jray

I see the original stock radios on EB from time to time. LMC Trucks has some aftermarket FORD radios that are supposed to fit the original hole in the dash.

Ranchtruck

Our 71 doesn't have a radio in the dash, it has an am/cb mounted to the bottom of the dash that uses the speaker in the dash. There's no hole for a stock radio, but the speaker and grille are in the dash. It had a whip antenna out the middle of the roof as well as the stock on the RF fender.